The Town of Norwood owns and maintains two community cemeteries, the Old Parish Cemetery, established in 1741 and the Highland Cemetery, established in 1880. Placed in its center, the Neo-Gothic Chapel of St. Gabriel, a gift to the town from the Lewis Day family, was consecrated in 1903 and is available to all citizens of the town for funeral services.
Phil McManus, Superintendent
Old Parish Cemetery records are very limited. Dates include persons buried between 1736 and 1953 (?).
Inclusive dates: 1918 – present
The records of Highland Cemetery begin in 1918 when an outbreak of influenza spread through Norwood. There are 11 bound volumes with the names and information of all persons buried in the Cemetery.